vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Why is electrical engineering so much harder than other types of engineering?


I was comparing report card with my friend today. He is in mechanical engineering and I'm in electrical engineering.


On this report card, the courses he took were:



  • Vector Caculus

  • Intro to CAD

  • Intro to Thermodynamics

  • Intro to Material Physics

  • Sociology I (yes they get to take electives second year)


On my report card



  • FPGA and Digital Electronic

  • Circuit Analysis and Analog Electronic

  • Intro to Electromagnetics

  • Calculus III (same as vector calculus)

  • Engineering Mathematics and Complex Analysis


He got 1 A+ (90+), 2 As and 2 A-. I got 2 As, 2 A-, 1 B (FPGA grrr!)


Now he thinks he is better than me because he got better grades. But I try to argue that electrical engineering is much harder. We are both in second year.


And it is. How easy is it to study material physics where all you had to do is to remember couple equations and regurgitate them on the exam versus designing a small compiler and write Verilog code??


So do you agree with me that electrical engineering is harder and if so what specifically about electrical engineering that makes it so much harder than everything else.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire