vendredi 26 décembre 2014

a failing undergraduate needs advice


Somehow I got admitted into an extremely competitive undergraduate program for math. For a year and a half, I really struggled. I'm still interested in the material that I was studying, and I still want to have an opportunity to learn it, but I didn't think the university was a good fit for me. So I withdrew. I don't believe I was learning very much (the grades show this) and I find it very difficult to sacrifice all other aspects of my life for the grade. There are a lot of factors here. But I can admit the possibility that I'm just not smart (mentally quick) enough.


So my heart is pretty much set on learning, but I'm either too mellow to succeed in hardcore academics, or I'm just not competent enough. I'm not entirely sure I can transfer out (too many units), and honestly I'd be a little embarrassed if I had to.


What advice can you offer to someone like me?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire