jeudi 25 décembre 2014

Should I talk to my professor about my grade?


I go to a small liberal arts college in California and I'm currently a sophomore. I just found my grades for the fall semester, and in an intro to international relations class that I took, I got a B.


I got a 93% on the midterm, which was worth 25% of the grade.


I always came to class prepared, having done the reading, and actively participated, so I probably got an A in participation, which is 5% of the grade.


There was a mock UNsimulation which was worth 20% of the grade that I felt my group did pretty well on, but I never got an actual score back. I made some amall mistakes, but worse case scenario, I think I got around an 85%.


My final paper, worth 25% of the grade, everyone said that it was a really good paper, and that it deserves an A, even people who took the same class from her, as well as writing tutors that I went to.


The other 25% of the grade was reserved for quizzes that according to the syllabus, we're supposed to take place every two to three weeks. However, she only gave us two. The first one, she failed everyone, and said that she did that to scare us, and make sure that we read the material. The second one, I got an A on.


I asked her about the quizzes, and she said that they were used for extra credit, which doesn't make sense according to the syllabus.


I am Really confused about why I got a B, and I think that she might have made a mistake.


Should I talk to her about it when I go back to school, and if so, do you think that she made a mistake?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire