mardi 23 décembre 2014

Computer Engineering VS Computer Science? (Undergrad)


I need many opinions on this because it concerns my future. On a side note, if this platform is not suitable to be asking this question, please pardon me and direct me to another suitable one instead.


I am going to apply for undergraduate studies. And I'm looking at two courses: Computer Engineering & Computer Science.


I have no idea which one I would like to pursue. Yes, I did my own background research on both of the fields, but I am still very uncertain. Let me brief you guys on my interest and hobbies.


First off, I like networking very much. I tackled on several Packet Tracer (network simulation program) projects, and each and everyone has always made me want to know more about the networking scene. I also like programming. I have a strong base of knowledge in C++, Python, as well as PHP/HTML. I would like to go into the programming scene as well. (This part sounds more "Computer Science" right?)


During my free time, I always like to dismantle electronics (e.g. PSPs, Handphones, Laptops, System Units), and then just try to figure out the parts on the motherboard and find out how are they important to the product itself. I also like to watch tutorial videos on how people mod stuff on their motherboards/electronics to make it a better product. I am fairly knowledgeable in computer parts, and know how to build a high end gaming computer from scratch. (This part sounds "Computer Engineering" right?)


On top of everything else, I am a hard core video gaming fan. (I'm not sure if this is a helpful information) But I do not want to go into the Games Programming scene because it also requires graphical creativity to create characters and such. And also, loving to play games doesn't mean I have the interest to create games.


So, which path do you think I should pursue? Thank you so much for bearing with me for this lengthy post! Your opinion is very valuable to me. :)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire