dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Using previous student essays as examples


I teach English as a second language to pre-college adults, and I'm interested in the idea of using essays from previous students as examples in a writing class. At a previous institution we used a permission form that students signed giving the university the right to reproduce / modify written work, in part or whole, and with identifying information removed.


However, as an adjunct who will likely work at multiple schools, I would like to have that permission myself as well.


What would be the legalities to consider doing such a thing?


If I have students' written permission, should I still have permission from the institution to do this?


Will a signed statement (in English), given by someone who's understanding of English is demonstrably weak, function the same as any other?


Is there a precedent for instructors to gain this permission? As opposed to the institution as a whole.


Would a blanket statement applying to all assignments work, or should it be for each individual assignment?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire