dimanche 28 décembre 2014

How do I stop feeling unwelcome in my department?


I could not find a PhD advisor and the person in charge of my PhD program suggested that I leave with a master's degree. He said that I was good at carrying out tasks but I did not have the motivation to advance the state of the art in my field. Some time later I found an advisor in a different department, and he seems to like me. But I still cannot get over what the graduate coordinator said, and now I hate visiting the office because I feel I do not belong and I don't want to talk to anyone I know. What should I do?


After I found an advisor the graduate coordinator said something like "I knew you had it in you, I just wanted to see how much you wanted it." But I don't know if he really means it, and if he did, I think that's kind of a mean thing to do.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire