samedi 27 décembre 2014

On the publication of a paper (draft for the time being) for a FOSS project


I was wondering where I can publish a paper (I am working on this right now) whose aim is to provide information and guide through the basics - in other words the philosophy of operation - for a reverse-engineered opensource 3d projective mobile scanner. Having searched the Internet, I found no satisfying answer to my question. The only thing I found that seemed somehow relative to my question was the "paper" discussing the SAGE project (entitled: "SAGE: System for Algebra and Geometry Experimentation") which was pubilshed to the ACM SIGSAM Bulletin Journal. I want my paper to be something very similar to it (however discussing my project)


So:



  1. Is this journal the right place to send my manuscript (when I am done)?

  2. What other journals do you propose me to take into consideration for possible publication?

  3. From the little experience I have with publishing (I have had my first paper published a year ago at Telematics and Informatics [Elsevier]), I have fathomed that the journal must exactly suit the paper's overall topic and structure

  4. Some keywords for this paper: digital fabrication, rapid prototyping, three-dimensional scanning, mobile application, algorithm optimization, Python, Cython, Android


PS Apologies in case my question does not fit the philosophy of this site (or in case I've used wrong categorization).





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire