mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Plagiarized letter of recommendation for PhD application


Seasons greetings!


I am planning to apply for my PhD this year. My application preparation going well, till now I was satisfied that I got pretty good recommendation letters and they all are already submitted and the application deadline is in 3rd week of Jan. A week before I got a mail from one of my recommender along with the LOR which he has submitted for me, He was kind enough to take me a look what he wrote. The recommendation was well written, I was humbled with his kind letter.


Later when I started to compile all my documents, I ran my SOP along with LOR with a simple plagiarist test and I noticed one whole paragraph of around 50 words is taken from internet as it is, in my LOR, around 10% letters are plagiarized.


Now I am in a shocked and no idea how to fix it. I have talked in admission department, I cannot resubmit the LOR again or open a new account. Certainly I don't want to put on stake my application or my re commander's name.


Anybody has any idea, how much plagiarism is allowed in recommendation letter or DO they really do the test on LORs? Please help me out, I would be really appreciate it. Thank you!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire