jeudi 5 mars 2015

Would stating I am interested in game dev in my resume jeopardize my application to college? [on hold]


I am a Chinese high school student who plans to go to US to pursue my undergraduate studies.


I am in my junior year, so I am trying to build up my resume. Because I am interested in programming, specially game development, I plan to participate in some game jams (short ones, like 7DRL) to get more experiences to say on my cv.


However, my mother strongly opposes to this idea. She says that she is a very "traditional person" and she goes strongly against computer games because computer games "tend to be addictive and hampers productive activities", and since she is a traditional type of person, and college admission officers are also quite traditional. She alleges that most admission officers will feel the same way -- dislike my actions of developing games, which will jeopardize my application. (this is a rough translation from Chinese, so it might feel weird and not that idiomatic.)


Therefore she suggests me to develop more "congenial" programs such as BBS, phone apps and etc.


I do not agree with her, but I am start feeling anxious. So as it says, will stating in my cv, that I am interested in developing computer games in my spare time, jeopardize my application because the admission officers might simply "do not like it"?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire