mercredi 25 mars 2015

Professor showing favoritism


In one of my software engineering course. The syllabus includes 2 exams (midterm + final), daily quizzes + participation mark, spot quizzes and a group project.


A lot of us asked the professor to drop the midterm and add more weight to the project because we all wanted to build a beautiful product using the Ruby Rails framework. She said I can't really drop the midterm but I can reduce the weight but I will have to think about it. (FAIR ENOUGH).


However, a week later we found out that one of the students in class got exemption from writing midterms, daily quizzes and spot quizzes. He only has to worry about the project. We asked him how this is possible? He said he made a special deal with the professor. So basically when the group projects begin he will in charge of holding scrums with different groups and providing feedback to the professor. So since he would have a lot of "workload" he won't be writing quizzes and exams. This option was never mentioned by the professor when the class as a whole asked her to drop the midterm.


So I am wondering, is this legal or even possible? There are a lot of international students in the class too that are simply scared to speak up. I feel it is not fair that one student is exempt from doing all the work.


What should I do? Just keep quiet and mind my own business?


This is a Graduate Computer Science Program.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire