jeudi 26 mars 2015

Exam on paper versus computer


I'm following a distance learning program at the University of London. The course is related to computer science and all of the documents, courses and presentations are offered on an electronic platform. Recently, I found out that the exam we have to take is paper and pen. I've not received a set of reasons on why this is done.


For me personally, I prefer to answer questions using a computer, it's easier to edit or restructure an answer after you have written it down. Also my handwriting looks terrible and I need to put in extra effort to ensure everything is legible as I have lost marks on paper exams before due to my handwriting (I've not written anything long on paper since my Bsc 3 years ago).I understand that, if you need to write it on paper, you are required to think more about the answer before putting it down.


For the university, it would seem more practical to collect all of the exams, rather than having to mail or fax them, risking loss in the process.


I'm trying to understand what other reasons there might be that this is done as it seems a bit "outdated" to me.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire