jeudi 26 mars 2015

Choosing Engineering Msc program: Broader field or more specific field? Also does Uni rank really matter?


I plan to pursue my master degree in EU and currently still mulling over which program is the best for me:



  1. TU Delft (Netherlands) Msc. Mech. Eng, Control Eng Track

  2. RWTH Aachen (Germany) Msc. Computer-aided Conception and Production in M.E.


My undergrad major was Mechanical Engineering (M.E.), and I happen to be specialized in manufacturing and automation technology.


After examining both programs' courses in details, I suppose Delft's courses seems to be more holistic since it covers M.E subjects in general with focus on Control engineering, which can be applied in manufacturing process while RTWH Aachen's is entirely focused and prefer practical approach to design and manufacturing.


I'm aware Delft is ranked higher internationally (e.g more prominence in research publication), but then again Germany is classically renowned for its engineering field. Both university are similarly ranked when it has come to Mechanical Engineering field.


Other factors I consider important:



  1. Job perspective (in its respective country and internationally)

  2. Education system (way of teaching, grading objectiveness, etc)

  3. Continuation for Doctoral studies (again, in its respective country and internationally)


I am a non EU resident so international outlook would be most welcomed.


Please let me know if I should rephrase my question to follow Academia standard.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire