mercredi 25 mars 2015

Is there anywhere I can find reliable reviews of popular textbooks?


My mathematics department is adopting a new calculus textbook. The publisher has refused to continue printing the same edition that we have been using, and their new edition is one of several options which we are considering.


Several of these books are extremely well-known and widely used, and we have to judge which is the best. The most important step is to look at the books myself, which indeed I did. Beyond that, I am curious how the various choices have played out in actual teaching situations. Indeed, in our deliberations I feel that I am reinventing the wheel.


Are there any trustworthy sources of reviews of popular textbooks, written with an eye towards the experience of the student reading them?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire