jeudi 5 mars 2015

My conference paper is accepted -- now what?


I'm a first year PhD student studying in the UK. I'm not originally from the UK, though, so I am still trying to figure out the system of academia here. I apologise in advance for this silly question! :)


I just had an abstract accepted by a UK conference and will be submitting the final paper in a few months. We were notified by email of the acceptance and directed to register for the conference. Does this mean that I will definitely be presenting at the conference? Or are abstracts/papers sometimes accepted but not presented? The information we were sent currently does not mention a presentation and the schedule is not yet posted. I felt silly asking my supervisor in case this is an obvious question.


Given the information known so far, is it reasonable to ask my department to fund the full conference fee and hotel (around £600)?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire