jeudi 5 mars 2015

Duration of courses: hours to weeks and self-study time


I'm trying to apply for a Master's program and on the application form I have to list all subjects I have taken for my Bachelor's degree. For each one, they are asking for the duration in weeks and then Lectures (hrs./week), Tutorials (hrs./week) and Practical courses (hrs./week).


In the documents I have from my university, the duration is only given in hours and the number of weeks taken for a single subject can vary greatly. Some may have been in the form of a block within two weeks, some have been spread over 10 weeks. Is there any common conversion from hours to weeks? I'm sure they are only interested in the total time spent on this subject, not in the number of weeks in which I actually had lectures on it.


Secondly, my current university lists lecture time and self-study time, which added together make up the total course time (workload). As far as I can see, this self-study time does not match any of the three categories given. Should I just leave it out / substract it?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire