vendredi 5 décembre 2014

Not approved for admission for failing two courses. Doomed?


I recently I applied to a university in the middle east for the Master's program in computer science. It's a "world-class" university but with a very nasty staff and faculty, and with some really ridiculous policies(only citizens accepted for Bachelor's, they need to know your religion...). So my application was rejected on the grounds that I "failed in several semesters." I actually only failed two courses and got Ds and Cs in some major and math courses.


Is this a common reason for rejection? I only applied there because of my dad's friend and I just hate that place and actually hoped I don't get accepted, but this started to bother me for a while. Are other universities(in Canada and Western Europe) likely to reject my application for this reason as well?


Some details: GPA 3.16. My GRE is 161/153/4.0(Q/V/A). Since I'm a "non-native English speaker", my TOEFL is 105.


In the 3rd year, I failed in 2 courses(statistics and database systems), but then I took these two courses again in the last year and I retook some other D graded courses and received As on all of them(except for database I got B). In the last year, I did well on all courses except for Database II and Human Computer Interaction(C and D). I have very mundane recommendations and never done research, but I built lots of programs in C/C++ and I can say I'm very good at it.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire