mardi 3 février 2015

PHD: Same core idea but in context of different country?


I am thinking of carrying out PHD research in a subject in context of my country. But, I found out that the same topic (or same issue) has been researched by somebody else in context of his country i.e. “xyz in abc country”. It’s not a scientific research and most of the research work-findings are based on his specific country which is relatively different than my country. So, though the core research idea is same, overall contexts are totally different. I am planning to research on “xyz in context of my country”.


So, can I do it? Any suggestions?


I am bit concerned as I was thinking of similar qualitative and quantities research methodologies (off course in different country), so overall structure, especially literature review part (references) may look somewhat similar in some places (as it is study of same core thing but in different context). How may potential supervisor perceive it? (Acceptance?) What about overall value of research?


I am confident that research will add value to knowledge in the industry as it has not been done in context of my country (context) before. Findings may be useful also for countries (context) similar to mine. Or I can also expand the focus of study to two countries-not that country the research was done (making it bit wider). But that may complicate the things.


What may be a better idea? What do you suggest?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire