mercredi 25 février 2015

The book my prof suggested gets bad reviews, should I use it or another?


I 'm at the start of my second semester of college and I don't have any real practical experience with programming, but I have to take a class on OOP that is usually taught to juniors.


My OOP class teacher recommended "C++: How to program" 4th ed. by Deitel & Deitel as a textbook, which is a book with many horrible things written about it on the internet.


He also cited a couple generic manuals: "C++ primer plus" by S. Prata and "Absolute C++" that have cold reviews if any; plus a book on general theory: "Concepts of programming languages".


As an ultimate reference he suggested "The C++ programming language" which should be a very solid title, but seems to be more aimed towards experienced programmers.


I read the list at The Definitive C++ Book Guide and List and I'm really tempted to just pick up a title from it, maybe "C++ Primer" or "Accelerated C++".




Does anyone have any sensible advice about this kind of situation? Should I try to study from books that are recognized as faulted by all other sources but my teacher?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire