jeudi 26 février 2015

Publishing my first paper


I have written a math paper on combinatorics and am looking to get it published. I believe I have discovered something new (although I don't claim it is "important" in the sense of being a breakthrough or anything) and want to get credit for it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anyone to endorse me to publish on arxiv, so I'm trying to get it published in another (less popular) repository that doesn't need endorsement.


Any suggestions? Things I have looked at so far:


academia.edu - apparently this isn't safe enough for protecting your work.


hal archives ouvertes - I tried searching about this one but there's no information regarding how trustworthy it is, etc.


github - this seems to be for computer science.


vixra - looked promising at first considering the "everything gets accepted" rule, but then the downside is that people have started viewing it as an arxiv for crackpots, so it doesn't seem like a good idea to publish there, but this being my first paper I'm not so sure.


I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any advice you can give.


Note: I'm not prepared to send my paper to any journals so that is out of the question at the moment.


Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire