jeudi 26 février 2015

Making color blind friendly plots that look professional


Based on this question I've been racking my brain trying to find a color scheme for journal publications that is color blind friendly and that I actually like. I've tried color brewer and other sites, and they all seem to give color schemes that are just one pastel collection after another.


I tend to only make simple x-y plots with perhaps 3-5 data series (no major data crunching here). "Old" me would have loaded up a more traditional scheme with black/red/blue/green. "New" me wants something better, but all I can find are color schemes that look so pastel. In my field, traditional is the norm, so I don't want to be too outlandish.


The best I can come up with is using a more traditional color scheme, but with different line types (dashed, solid, etc) and data points (circles, squares, etc.) to distinguish data. Can't recall where I saw this but this is one strategy for making more color blind friendly plots.


Is there a non-pastel or non-wild color scheme I could use?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire