lundi 23 février 2015

What to do if professor favours younger candidates


I am 34. I took a degree in computer in 2008, and have been running my business since graduation. Recently I decided to applied for a postgraduate program in healthcare in January. To show that I was interested in health care, I had completed a one year certificate course in related field last year. A few days after I had submitted my application form and two strong recommendations, they arranged an interview for me.

The interviewers were friendly at first, and the questions were not very tough. I was thinking the interview was good a one until the senior interviewer (Prof. Joe) suddenly asked me if I wanted to become a nurse. I said yes. He smiled but then told me that all successful applicants last year were twenty something, at least 12 years younger than me. It happened all of a sudden and made me astonished of why he did it. Was that a negative connotation?

It has been donkey's year since the interview...





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire