samedi 21 février 2015

Tough life decision: accept low PhD offer or reject and wait?


I have a PhD offer from a rather low university. The Professor has good publications, but his doctoral students and the university students are really low qualified. For example, the students there have no IT nor Math skills and I couldn't find anyone working at a notable company. I really fear that going there would actually lower my education.


However, I have no better alternative so far. I have some other applications I would possibly prefer, but they will not be decided in the next weeks and I dont even know for sure whether these would fit better. It may be that I end up with nothing after all.


My father says I should wait for a better offer and take the risk to reject. My mother says I should be happy for some easy time there and no need to go for top education, rather just get the PhD and chill out.


Now I think they both right and can't decide. Maybe someone had a similar problem or experience?


E.g. I found a situation here.


Advice would be really appreciated. Thanks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire