lundi 2 février 2015

Is their any term describes the main example goes through the entire research paper


One of the comments I received on my journal paper was it lacks a "running example" :



the paper would benefit much from a running example that could be used in the introduction to motivate the idea and referred to in later sections to illustrate algorithms

I understand the idea of example works like a backbone throughout the paper and connects all the ideas and sections in order to make them easier to understand.


Now my question is, do we call it "running example" or does it have any other term? I would like to add a brief on the example at the end of the introduction, but I'm baffled with what should I call it.


Note. My field is computer science, but I believe this applies to some others areas too.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire