samedi 21 février 2015

How to pick a PhD topic?


I have been offered an opportunity for a part time PhD in Computer Science. I have had brief conversation with the person that would be my advisor. He has suggested that I start to think of a topic/proposal.


I literally have no idea where to start, what level of detail I should be looking at for a proposal?


I have read a couple of the articles on this site like: How to find a good topic for a PhD research proposal?


These all offer great advise. Maybe I'm missing something but I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed already!


One idea I have had is modelling student success based on different factors like: home environment, past student success, etc.


All I keep thinking of is the advisor said "It needs to be something new".


I guess any advise on creating a research proposal, picking a topic, where to begin... would be great.




Note: First time post on this site, please edit/comment if I have missed anything :)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire