jeudi 19 février 2015

How do I ask whether I am going to be an author on a proposed research project?


I am a PhD Student in Australia and I have been asked to help out a research team in my lab on a grant related research project. I have a fair bit of knowledge in the area they are looking in too. I am 'close' with all members involved (two are my supervisors and one is a postdoc in my building).


All signals are going my way indicate an enthusiasm regarding including me - however, I am also aware that the project may be time consuming for me. If I do get involved, I want to ensure I will be author on any papers that are released.


Would it be a naive question to explicitly ask one of the members whether I would be an author on any papers before committing myself to research?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire