mercredi 4 février 2015

Does publishing a monograph with Springer in computer science have any academic value?


I was recently invited by Springer to publish a book: I proposed a table of contents, it was internally (in Springer) reviewed and accepted to be published as a monograph. I am at the stage of finalizing a first draft.


The content is mostly based on previous peer-reviewed publications (around 15 journal and conference papers in the computer science domain) along with more introductory material, state-of-the-art survey, and use-cases.


Is there any academic value in publishing a book that is based (approx. three quarters of it) on existing (peer-reviewed) material?


Also, as I am considering applying for assistant professor positions (I am currently working on contract basis), I would like to ask how is this book monograph viewed at by hiring committees? Is it considered vanity or a plus?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire