jeudi 19 février 2015

Do I need prior advanced mathematics and physics from high school to study bachelor of software engineering?


I'm graduated from linguistics and the human sciences and now I decided to study bachelor degree of software engineering, I consulted some educational services and they advised me not to go for it and the argument was because I don't have advanced level of mathematics and physics which is required in this field. I did study math and physics, I studied only preliminary physics and I forgot about it. I studied math too except for the last three semesters where I majored in linguists and the human sciences.Tough, I don't think math or physics are rocket science or too harsh to swallow, but because I didn't take math for the last three semesters doesn't mean I can't go for software engineering.


I checked the subjects for each year for the university in which I decided to enroll into, there was no physics or advanced math, for examples, the first year I'll be taking a little bit of preliminary calculus with algebra and trigonometry and the second year I'll be taking linear algebra. Here's a complete a list of the subjects for each year (4 years):


Bachelor of software engineering:


*First year:


Introduction to Computer, Preliminary course to calculus, Algebra and Trigonometry, Orientation Program, Basic Chinese Listening, Basic Chinese Speaking, Essential English Writing, Object-Oriented Programming, Course Project of Object-oriented Programming, Principle of Management, Chinese Culture, Academic English Writing, Introduction to China.


*Second Year:


Data Structure, Course Project of Data Structure, Principle of Computer's Composition, Linear Algebra, Engineering Economics, Chinese Reading, Information Retrieval and Utilization, Database Principles and Applications, Computer Networks, Course Project of Database Principles and Applicant, Java Language and Programming, Artificial Intelligence and Its Applications, Communication in Chinese.


*Third year:


Software Engineering, Course Project of Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Modern Software Development Technology, Software Engineering Economics, Supply-chain Management, Chinese-to-English Translation, Knowledge Management, Software Process and Management, Object-Oriented Method and UML Modeling, Cross-Culture Management, Management Information System, Course Project of Management Information system.


*Fourth year:


Multi-media Technology and Applications, Software Architecture, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Information Security Technology, E-government, Project Management, Network Marketing, Applied Statistics.


?) Are they correct? why and why not?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire