lundi 26 janvier 2015

Writing first email to prospective professors about MS application


I am applying to a particular university in US for MS this year. At this particular university there are three professors who are conducting research in the area I am interested in. I have two questions.


(1) I saw two questions here in this site about people writing emails to professors while seeking out a PhD admission. Should I do the same? or will it look like I am being over-enthusiastic? See am applying to MS with thesis option so I wish to have one of the three professors as my thesis adviser if offered an admission. Also I wish to follow my MS with a PhD later on. So if I do get a chance to continue in the same university, I would like to work under the professor who advised my MS thesis.


(2) I am not able to pick a single professor who I wish to have as my thesis adviser. Cause I find the works of all the three professors interesting. Their work kind of falls under the same category to a guy who has just finished his undergrad. Also, it could be that the professor I am interested in is very busy this year, so I don't want to choose just a single professor. If these three professors ever get together and talk will it look superficial since I have sent emails to the three of em. Not that I will be sending identical mails to the three, it will be personal and I will talk about their research.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire