lundi 26 janvier 2015

What are the difference between "pass" and "forward" a message in academia?


I decided to call professor C on his office phone number.

I dialed the number, and then waited for a few seconds but it was redirected to the telephone enquiry center of my former school.

A telephone answering machine was greeting me:

"Welcome to ..."

And then the machine said:

"Press 1 for X Deparment, press 2 for Y Department..."

I pressed 1.

"Press 1 if you want us to pass your message to Department X."

"Press 2 if you want us to forward your message to Department X."

"Press 3 if you want to cancel your message."



I know that there are some professors in this forum, could you please tell me: what are the difference between "pass a message" and "forward a message" in academia, if any?

I wish the answering machine could put professor C on the phone or get him to contact me, but, by default I am quite sure there is not such option provided.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire