vendredi 30 janvier 2015

What should I do now?


I'm a 15 year old student from India, studying at an international school affiliated with the Cambridge International Examinations board. I'm currently going to appear for my O Level board examinations, in about 3 months.


The thing is, I want to pursue Computer Science, a subject which is unfortunately not offered anywhere here for the C.I.E. board. I can't take it as a private candidate as the required facilities are not available.


I had Information & Communication Technology as a subject, which really sucked because all it taught me was how to use commercial software such as Excel & Word, on crappy old machines with less R.A.M. than an iPhone 5. Not very future-proof. I dropped it in a rage burning all bridges in the process (the teacher hates me now).


I have the option of taking it back (now or my A Levels), which will be painful, but doable. I have the option of continuing with my current set: English Language, English Literature, Chemistry, Geography, Math, Physics. I'm going to drop English Literature & Geography in my A Levels, however.


Will it be possible for me to pursue Computer Science in college given that I don't take I.C.T.? What are my options? Should I take the subject back, or carry on with my other subjects?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire