jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Plagiarized Homwork Prompt


I'm currently taking a graduate-level class, and from what I can tell, the professor has explicitly lifted the homework prompts from a course that he took during his graduate work at a different university, and by concealing the course number originally printed on the problem sets, appears to be trying to pass it off as his own. Based on this, I have two related questions.


First, does this constitute plagiarism? I have some very strong opinions on the duties of a professor when it comes to teaching a class, and I believe that even putting those aside, because he has copied the sets verbatim and is concealing the course number, this does fall under the realm of plagiarism.


Second, what are some recommended courses of action? Obviously I could talk to the professor about this, but I suspect he might not respond well to being informed that he is plagiarizing. At the same time, I don't want to blow this incident out of proportion as it is just a homework set.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire