dimanche 25 janvier 2015

Should I share my horrible software?


After I had published my paper, some people asked me to share the software that I developed. At first, I was very happy that my paper attracts some attentions, and I was happy to share not only the binary but also the whole source code, case studies etc. But looking at my software, I feel very embarrassed.


My software are just horrible: the source code is just a mess, containing several of my unsuccessful attempts; I have never used design patterns, so duplicate code are every where; for simplicity and quick implementation, I often prefer recursions to loops etc etc.


I'm always under pressure to produce new result, and cleaning those code will cost me significant effort.


My question is if sharing those horrible software will give people a very negative impression about me? Would it do harm to my career if the people I share are prospect collaborators, employers, as they work in the same field.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire