samedi 3 janvier 2015

How to prevent a misogynistic grad student from being hired


I personally know a male graduate student who works in a different area (in STEM) than mine and who has a somewhat misogynistic view. He opposes to affirmative actions for women in academia and outreach activities for female teenagers conducted by a university. He's repeatedly and openly expressed his idea on his public Facebook post, in his (and my) native language, which is not English.


This particular student is soon graduating and has been granted a post as a post-doc at a very prestigious university in the U.S., from (I suppose) this fall on. I don't think that whoever in charge of hiring him knows his view, since, albeit they are public, his posts are not written in English.


While I don't know if his being "misogynistic" to this degree should prevent him from being hired, I do think that this may be a potential concern to his future employers.


How can I let them know his view and his posts?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire