samedi 24 janvier 2015

Academia deadend?


I am currently thinking about applying for PhD in Finance (the country is Germany), because I like studying and the university atmosphere of young and talented people. However, a PhD in Finance does not really help for a subsequent business career and is often considered just waiting out and earns no additional skills e.g. programming or practice.


My biggest concern is, that if I pursue an academic career, there seems a high likelihood of failure. The number of professor positions is really limited, and all other university jobs are usually of restricted term. So I would likely at best end up maybe in some administrative job at university.


I can probably write a nice PhD thesis, but I am not like one of these super geniuses which create their own theoretical model or earn best-paper awards - is it still possible to get a long-term job in academia in Germany (or should I just pursue a business career)?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire