vendredi 2 janvier 2015

Should I mention in the SOP an article I made in the field I am just interest and has no overlap with my major?


Very related question: Should one mention multiple, albeit somewhat unrelated research interests?


Besides physics as my major, my other interest is linguistics, and as you can see, there is no overlap. When I was in high school, I had made my first article in linguistics. Although it haven't read by any professor nor publish in any specialize paper, not because it is rejected but because I haven't tried to do so, I have a graduate student in linguistics review it for me, and it seems that she find it interesting. At least as I know, there is currently no material in the topic I research available in the internet, which indicates that the topic I have researched is new.


Because (1) it is the first article I have ever made, (2) I started it when I was 16 or 17 (although I have updated so much it lately) and (3) the topic is new so far, I consider it as my biggest proud of all my scientific activities so far. I think put it in the SOP will make a steady point that "I was born for scientific researches". Will it be useful if I do that, or just normally mention the latest article in physics I made?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire