lundi 5 janvier 2015

Masters in Scientific Computation


I graduated BS in Computer Science a few years back and I've been working in companies that do a lot of industrial and science related work. It seems everyone around here has some science degree and they are programming too, which leads me to the conclusion that programming (which I enjoy) is just no longer enough.


I'm currently working in the GIS field, but masters in GIS feels a bit too narrow, I entertained the idea of doing Math, but that is a bit too theoretical for me.


I stumbled upon a Scientific Computation program in a local university and that sounds like the right mix of math / science and computer science, which it seems will be applicable to a wide array of fields.


I'm trying to get a better feel of what computational science is, what careers are there in that field, etc, etc. I'll probably contact the university and get more information about it from them, but I thought people who are active in that field will have a better and fresher prospective.


Sorry if it's too broad of a question, just trying to get a feel if that's the right track for me.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire