dimanche 25 janvier 2015

Is a 7.5 undergrad and 9.0 grad gpa from a top Indian school good enough into a reputed PhD program in the US?


I've an undergrad GPA of 7.5 (with math GPA about same) and a grad GPA of around 9 (it's 9.07 at present) from a top Indian college? Is this competitive enough for a reputed PhD program in the US? My research experience, recommendations and other parts of the application will be good. In fact, I've seen people with almost same credentials as me except that undergrad GPA get into top PhD programs (like Harvard, Princeton or MIT) from my college. How much of a role with that undergrad GPA play? I do have some very bad grades in that undergrad like a C is analysis but then again I've a B in graduate analysis and A-s in advanced courses like Measure theory (there were no factors making these courses easier, like takehome finals or the like; all courses in Indian universities involve exams). How will all this weigh on my application? Do I even apply to any top 10 program like Princeton or Berkeley?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire