vendredi 23 janvier 2015

I have a lecturer that is very very mean... what can I do?


First, this lecturer is also the head of this new study programme, who is supposed to take care of the students. In fact, I am enrolled in the old study programme and he insisted me to participate in the new programme which involves 4 coursework subjects each semester for two years. In the old programme, students are only focusing on the research part and work on the thesis. Taking coursework classes is optional.


So, thing happened like this. I talked to my supervisor and discussed with him not to take the subjects. Cuz under the new programme, all students are provided with living expenses, and I am not, so I gotta work part time to support myself. 1 week 4-day classes is kind of heavy for me. And I was double confirmed by the enrolment staff saying that I don't need to follow any classes unless requested by my supervisor which are relevant to my research.


FYI, because of the staff said I dont have any coursework classes so I enrolled end of August. Yet, this new programme started with Math class taught in July and finished in August. 1-month intensive Math class. Then we have 3 more subjects to carry on starting in Sept to Dec 2014. In the very first week of Sept, I went to the orientation for a week and other new programme students went for the first week classes instead. So, I missed first class. I started in week 2 and super kind of lost in the three subjects.


Then, we went into negotation situation where my supervisor tried to talk to this head of new programme (who is also the lecturer of one of the subject). He insisted me to take and even ask the co-supervisor to talk and persuade me. The process is digusting even to mention. After the whole process, I compromised and agreed to follow classes. So, you know what this head/lecturer did? He ignored me for good.


He emailed all other students to attend conference, seminar. He emailed them about the new student guides, information need to know. BUT did not include me! There are only three students in the new programme. I am the number 4. Is it really hard for him to even include my email address in the email? I was like a total idiot in the office. I only found out they went for conference after they were back. Then, I managed to attend the seminar today as I asked the classmates to inform me. Today, even after the seminar, he did not even talk to me. He treated me as invisible and kept talking with another student on the way back to office and I was like an idiot following them at the back.


What kind of lecturer is this?? He is a educator, highly educated, supposed to be a good person. But how can he even be such a bad person and treated me like this? You told me I have the right to choose follow old or new programme and I just tried to choose not to go for classes and this is what I got back from you?? What can I do? Can I even complain you? Who to complain? You the head of the programme!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire