jeudi 22 janvier 2015

Getting an English Degree as a Technical Editor


0 down vote favorite Hopefully, this is the right forum to post this question about English degrees in the technical writing industry. Here the question:


"Is it worth for a technical editor like me to get an English degree?"


Perhaps I can provide a bit of background about myself. Originally from Switzerland and now based in Hong Kong, I have worked in the technical writing industry for almost 10 years. Roughly 75% of the writing is done in German, the rest in English. I am in my early 30's.


Last year I started contemplating about getting an English degree (not a degree in English literature) from a local university. Is it worth the investment? What are the benefits?


Further, one of my personal goals is to move and work in Australia or New Zealand in the near future. Is there demand for non-native speaking technical writers?


I would highly appreciate some tips or personal stories that may help me making up my mind. Thank you!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire