mercredi 7 janvier 2015

First Oral Presentation at IEEE Conference


I am going to attend my first IEEE conference on Electronic Design/Verification and am feeling quite nervous about my first oral presentation.


I hope to seek some advice regarding the following:


1) I have browsed through the Internet for some tips/tricks in delivering successful presentation about one's research work. For example, how do I "sell" my point or ensure all questions are being tackled. Unfortunately I found some of these links to be centered on various topics of Computer Science, which I could not relate to. I am looking for links like "How to give a bad talk". It would really help me a lot and overcome a mental block. Follow up query on point 3.


2) I am a huge fan of Latex. The conference has stressed on ppt/pptx. Is there a workaround? May I ask them for obliging me?


3) Probably, I am a late entrant here. I like articles from Philip Guo, Igor Markov and so on.I wish to follow people who blog about advances in Electrical Engineering and provide their views on graduate study on topics such as VLSI,Computer Architecture and so on. I would love to read a "PhD grind" by a Computer Engineering Student.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire