vendredi 2 janvier 2015

Does mathematical sophistication play a role during paper review?


I am currently in the process of writing a paper for an international conference in image-processing area. One thing that bothers me somewhat is that the mathematical formulation I use is simple(specifically, I quantify a measure as a simple ratio). I happen to have just 2 equations in my paper. The formulation is sound,though, and is a natural outcome of the framework I have developed.


Ideally, simplicity or sophistication of equations occurring in a paper are not a measure of its worth, but I wonder openly -- what role does "density" and sophistication of mathematics used in the paper play in impressing the reviewers ? Just for clarification, I am not saying it should or should not. I would like to get a candid view of reviewer experiences and inclinations.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire