jeudi 5 février 2015

PHD with no prior research experience, how?


I am an IT post graduate (with no thesis but project) from IT industry and I have practical experience of about 10 years in the industry. I want to carry a PHD research in a subject related to IT field. Practically and theoretically, I know the subject very well, but I don’t have any prior real research experience or any publications. But I have studied some theoretical subjects on research methodologies, statistics etc. during my university learning. But I found that most the universities have “research experience” as prerequisite or requirements to start or to be eligible for PHD research.


So, what can I do to fulfill that? (Off-course other than doing another research just to be eligible). Any ideas or suggestions?


Is there any chance of getting accepted without prior research experience? Should I keep on trying(esp in US and Australia)?


I have seen some doing PHD after their undergrad. I have master degree and I am confident that I will be able to manage things with in those 3-4 years as it’s not that I don’t research at all. It’s just that I don’t have something to show now.


Any suggestions?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire