dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Parts of thesis draft published without proper credit


My Master's thesis instructor has copied a chapter of my thesis draft into several publications, sometimes listing me as an author and sometimes not. He said it won't cause me any problems so I gave permission in one case but not the others, he just informed me afterwards. As he was my boss and instructor, was in a hurry to submit the publication and insisted there will not be problems I didn't feel like having another choice.


After consulting with my supervisor I'm starting to feel doubtful, especially if any automatic plagiarism checking is involved because searching for various numeric results and phrases from my thesis in Google returns results with the exact same text and without my name in the list of authors.


I'm supposed to hand in the finished thesis this week and don't have time to rewrite the affected chapter. My supervisor said I should at least include a footnote explaining the situation. What should I write? I wouldn't want to cause trouble for the supervisor either, he's a nice guy in a difficult situation.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire