samedi 29 novembre 2014

Having caused a lab accident, how to mitigate the tense relationship between me and other students?


For some stupid reasons, I caused a fire in my department laboratory. The fire is not big, and luckily no one was injured. However, it triggered the fire alarm, firemen came and finally water is everywhere, which, damaged some of the central equipment.


After the incidence, the department enforced tighter control on lab safety. For example, all students need to submit a kind of work flow before doing some new experiments, complete numerous forms to buy a new chemicals etc. It results in many unnecessary administrative work and greatly slows down our research progress. Many research students are unhappy about that, and since it is me who caused the accident, they start to keep a distance away from me. Even some 'closer' students seem becoming less friendly to me.


I know it is totally my fault, but sadly, I already caused the accident and can do nothing to change the fact. Now the problem is, what should I do to mitigate our tense relationship?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire