vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Has anyone failed coursework requirement and got terminated from PhD program?


I'm doing a PhD in Economics, a 3-year program. I am required to do 4 coursework and receive a grade of B+. The thing is I didn't meet the grade requirement of all four courses.(although I didn't fail the courses). I have a very good research proposal (in my opinion). I've got all the data on hand. I have discussed about this with my supervisor and he said I might get terminated; it depends on the research committee after I defence my proposal. I think it would be very unfair if I've got a justifiable proposal but still got terminated because I didn't meet the coursework requirement. The university regulation does not say clearly what would happen if someone fail coursework requirement.


So, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is/was in my position. Did you get terminated from the school?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire